Lending brokers can make finding the right finance a streamlined, fast option. The key is to choose an independent, whole-of-market broker like the Revolution team.
Being whole-of-market means that we aren't tied to any banks or lenders, and can offer any product that we think best suits your funding needs.
As bridge loan experts, we negotiate terms on your behalf, help prepare an appealing application, and identify the lenders most able to approve your application.
To get started with your bridging finance application, contact Revolution on 0330 304 3040, or email us at email@example.com.
What Should I Look for in a Bridging Finance Lender?
Most applicants choose bridging finance because they need funding quickly, or need to finance a project outside of the scope of a traditional mortgage.
There are lots of things to consider when choosing which lender to apply to:
- Terms are substantially different between lenders.
- Interest rates, arrangement fees and exit charges can also vary considerably.
- Most bridge loans run from anything from one month up to two years.
- You can get a 100% bridge loan, but only if you can offer additional security.
- The typical Loan to Value ratio is capped at 70% or 75%.
- Many lenders will require evidence of previous development experience.
If you fall outside of any of those standard terms, it is vital to consult a broker who can negotiate with more flexible lenders on your behalf.
How Can I Choose the Best Lender for a UK Bridge Loan?
Most lenders assess every bridge loan application on a case-by-case basis, so it isn't always obvious who offers the most competitive rates.
The best option is to appoint an experienced broker who can identify the right lenders, and take a view as to who is most likely to approve your loan against their eligibility criteria.
Some of the best bridge loan deals are available only through brokers and are not available directly to the public.
Applying to the wrong lender can cause further problems, delay your access to lending, and leave marks on your credit file.
Which UK Banks Offer Bridging Loans?
Lots of banks and financiers offer bridging loans, but the terms and rates available will vary.
- Greenfield Capital offers LTV caps of 70% for loans up to a year, with a minimum value of £25,000. The arrangements fees are steep at 2%.
- HSBC only offers bridge loans to existing customers in Hong Kong, without a comparable UK product.
- Lloyds Bank offers bridge loans for clients who wish to finance a new home purchase while waiting for their existing property to sell. Products include open and closed loans with fixed repayment dates. There are also self-build mortgage options for residential property build projects.
- Masthaven offers bridge loans up to 70% LTV on a first charge basis and up to 65% on a second charge. Terms are available from one month up to a year and a half.
- Oblix Capital provides bridge loans up to 75% LTV on first charges and up to 65% on second charges, with a maximum term of one year.
- Precise Mortgages offer bridge finance mortgages with minimum caps of £50,000 or over £25,000 for commercial bridge finance.
- Shawbrook has a bridging loan finance product, with terms up to two years maximum, at a minimum value of £50,000, and capped at 75% LTV.
Can I Get a Bridge Loan from any High Street Bank?
Unfortunately not - many UK high street banks only offer this type of lending to existing clients with a high net worth.
Other banks will offer a bridging loan, but will not advertise these, or seek new clients in this lending sector, including:
- First Direct
How Can I Start the Bridging Loan Application?
The first step is always to consult an experienced, independent broker. Many banks don't accept direct applications, and may immediately refuse an applicant if you do not meet their application criteria.
Expert Help with UK Bridging Loans
While a bridging loan can be fast, it is essential to apply to the right lender who can offer to lend against the terms you need.
To get started with your application, or to compare lending rates currently available on the market, contact the Revolution team on 0330 304 3040, or drop us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.